So, okay, I said we'd take prompts until tomorrow. But dang, y'all came up with 60 of them! Sixty!! There's only about 22 of us writing/arting.
Here's how it works:
--Read through the prompts
--Think about the prompts
--Select a prompt
--Tell us in comments. Comments are open, everyone can see. Just so you can see what's being claimed. Hey, if you want to write or art a prompt that's already been claimed for fic or art, go for it. We know you'll come up with something unique. But if you don't want to share, then hey, now you know. Find another.
In a couple of days, we're gonna set up the claim-a-date-to-post entry so you can sign up for a day to post. Check your calendar, see what your schedule looks like. We'll be posting December 12-January 1, or thereabouts.
1. Pacific Rim AU
2. Bones refuses to go to the ship's or academy's christmas party
3. Nontradtional Christmas breakfast
4. Leonard has never made a snowman.
5. Christmas in a tropical locale
6. Bones being busy and overworked on Christmas Day.
7. One of them doesn't celebrate Christmas. Like they are Jewish, Pagan, Buddhist, etc.
8. Jim is a teacher. He is in charge of the school's Christmas play. Joanna is in the play.
9. Department store
10. Spam (the food kind).
11. Ice skating.
12. Sand, not snow.
13. "I didn't want a cat for Christmas."
"It's not a cat it's a kitten."
14. "What are you doing?"
"Me? Oh I'm just strategically positioning this mistletoe over your bed. But don't let me get in your way. Carry on with whatever boring thing you were doing."
15. "Why are you watching a hologram of a burning log?"
16. Festive sweaters! Ugly or not is up to you. :)
17. Someone mucks with the environmental controls *Scotty* and it starts snowing aboard the Enterprise.
18. Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
19. Absent friends.
20. Headaches or Migraines
21. Bones freaks out about snow
22. I'm the son of Santa Claus and you're my soulmate. I need you to come to the North Pole with me."
23. "So the Enterprise is haunted by a ghost who likes to hang up mistletoe everywhere in hopes we kiss. I say we do it for the sake of the ship."
24. Trans-Siberian orchestra is still a thing, classic rock or ever-evolving ensemble you can go see on Risa (aka Space Vegas).
25. Gift wrapping is not a skill one of them possesses.
26. Space Amazon runs out of the one thing that Bones and/or Jim actually admitted to wanting. Cue the O Henry shenanigans.
27.The "charming antique" one of them bought for a gift is actually a cursed or diplomatically critical alien object.
28. Fruitcake. Bones makes terrible, traditional fruitcake.
29. First christmas in space
30. Jim screws up baking Bones' grandmother's famous cake... and totally destroys the only copy of the recipe in the process.
31. Arguing over holiday cards
32. Jim, it's 4 in the morning. Go back to sleep.
33. Tinsel clumps versus individual strands.
34. Christmas aboard the new Enterprise (even though it's not finished yet and Scotty swears they're going to break everything)
35. "Christmas Carol" AU - Bones is Scrooge and Jim is Bob Crachit
36. Holiday shopping at space IKEA.
37. Jim and Bones plan a romantic holiday date for Spock and Uhura, but end up going on it themselves
38. Home for the holidays - but turns out Leonard's mom hates Jim
39. Sleigh ride
40. Enterprise crew does a sexy calendar ("It's for charity, Bones!")
41. Joanna and David plot to get their single dads together, OR plot to break them up.
42. Die Hard AU
43. The holiday season just before Star Trek Beyond, when Kirk is already feeling that sense of repetition and questioning who he is/what his place is in the world. McCoy interprets this Jim brooding over upcoming anniversaries (30 years since the Kelvin/5 years since the destruction of Vulcan) and looks for a way to bring him some holiday spirit in space.
44. As the holiday season approaches, the Enterprise gets called upon to run a rescue mission to a colony ravaged by famine.
45. Due to a delay in the building of the new Enterprise, most of the crew has received temporary postings until they're ready to launch, and Jim finds himself teaching at the Academy while Bones does rounds at Starfleet Medical. It's their first Christmas back in San Francisco since they were cadets and the nostalgia, plus the downtime spent just the two of them, sparks revelations about what they feel for each other.
46. Holiday bake-off on the Enterprise.
47. Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny
48. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
49. Celebrating Poinsettia day on December 12.
50. "Whoever invented Christmas trees should be drug out into the street and shot."
-Garfield Christmas Special (1987)
51. Pagan/Semi-historical/fantasy/world building au
52. Jon Arbuckle: Now, behave yourself this Christmas, Garfield.
Garfield: No problem; I'll wait in the car.
-Garfield Christmas Special (1987)
53. Sleeping Beauty AU...Jim wakes up from Bones's kiss on Christmas Eve.
54. 5+1 - Five Christmases in space and one back on Earth.
55. One of them gets transformed into a dog/cat/child/alien/something and ends up spending Christmas that way.
56. Jack Frost got tired of people not believing in him, so he created a new life for himself as Jim Kirk. He just has to be careful not to accidentally freeze things.
57. Christmas spent in the MedBay.
58. Winona wants to spend Christmas with Jim and enlists Leonard's help to make it happen (whether this means getting them to Iowa, getting her onto Enterprise, arranging a meet up at a space station or whatever).
59. A bar brawl on Christmas eve lands one of the boys in jail.
60. Life is good. Things are going well. So why is one of them so miserable?
Any questions? Let us know!